I can't believe three years have gone by since I have posted an entry. So much has happened and I know I won't be able to post everything....I figure it's never too late to start blogging again. I will try harder to post on a more regular basis.
We have had a great summer so far. With only two weeks left, we are still trying to squeeze in as much fun as we can.
In the beginning of the summer we went to Ocean City Maryland. The Hilton provided us with an ocean front view of the pool complete with a slide and pool. We will definitely be going there again!
In June, Evan got baptized and the family including my Dad, Mom and sister and her gang all came out. My mom gave a talk about baptism that was perfect for Evan, he was really paying attention and I know he was touched by what she was saying. His cousin, Savanna gave a wonderful talk on the Holy Ghost where she shared some of her own experiences from her journal, which was very cool. It was nice to hear from someone his own age and know that you can have wonderful experiences and that you can see how the Holy Ghost can even help little children. My dad was happy to baptize him.
We were able to fly out to Seabrook Island South Carolina for our annual 4th of July celebration. The kids always get excited to be in the parade with their cousins, Hannah & Daniel. This year they rode in the back of a pick up truck and had water guns. In the past the people watching the parade would spray the people in the parade. This year they seemed to have reversed roles and the kids in the parade were spraying everyone watching. It is always a nice way to stay cool. It is usually very hot! The fireworks are always great and the family always looks forward to watching.
We have had a great babysitter, Katherine, for the last three years watch the kids over the summer. She is a college student from church, that comes back every summer. She is going to be graduating this year so we will miss her next summer. She was able to take the kids to the movies, pool, library, bowling and do other fun things, like scavenger hunts and painting.
Tom is working in DC now so that has been a challenge for him for the last year. The traffic is horrific and sometimes it takes him 2-3 hours to get to work. He tries to get out early to make it to football practice for Evan, which really means a lot to both of them. I am thankful for Tom and his dedication to provide a nice life for our family. He wants to make sure everyone has a good quality of life and always keeps us laughing and having fun.
At the beginning of August, we were able to go to Tennessee for a vacation with my grandparents who have a timeshare in Seveirville, TN. The resort was exceptional and it provided fun for everyone. There was an indoor/out door water park as well and an indoor playground, with an arcade, bowling, glow in the dark mini gold, laser tag, rock climbing wall and a ropes course high up in the air. It was something we will all remember and we are all looking forward to going there again in two years. My mom and sister and family were all able to make it. My grandma told me it was her first time going to a water park and she couldn't believe it had taken her 80 years to go! She really wanted to go in the lazy river, so with a team effort, Brand and I got her in her tube and my mom helped with the wheelchair. She successfully made it around the river a couple of times and said it was her favorite part of the trip. I am glad she was able to do that. Hopefully, Tom will be able to join us next time. He didn't have any vacation time yet with his job.
Sara will start fifth grade in a couple weeks. She is in her third year of dance class that will start in September and she is also taking her 4th year of piano. She is growing up so fast and is doing great in school. She got all A's last year for each semester. She also got into the gifted program and was able to get a high score in as well.
Evan will be in third grade this year. He is improving on his math skills as well as reading all summer. He has done great in basketball and football and even tried soccer last spring. He is a natural athlete and is able to excel at whatever sport he tries.
I started working when Evan started kindergarten. I was able to get a job at the Hampton Inn Manassas as a Sales Manager. This has been a great learning experience for me. I have had a lot of jobs in the past in the hospitality industry including catering, front desk, room service and even taking reservations at the Spa at Disney. I hadn't had any experience in Sales, but my experience got me the job. Hopefully it will open some doors for me in the future. It took me about a year to feel comfortable in my position and now it is very easy and I feel good about the job I am doing. I am thankful for the opportunity to learn and grow and try something new. It challenges me in different ways. I am not one to enjoy walking up to people and start talking to them so the networking aspect of it always makes me a little nervous.
It has been fun watching our family grow and change each year. We will be in a brand new school this year and it will be a new experience with the kids having to change schools. There will be some new faces as well as some they knew before. I am glad they have been able to go to the same school since they started. It has made them both very comfortable knowing the school, teachers and kids each year.
8 years ago
























0 comments:
Post a Comment