After finally deciding on which company and which granite we wanted, we made an appointment for our final measurements. I was a little concerned that the color we chose would be too dark. Sara and Tom convinced me to go with the darker color and I am so happy we did. It looks amazing! I love it so much and it makes such a difference in our kitchen. With the wood floors and now the granite counter tops, it feels much more updated. Now that we have this done, it makes me want to redo the furniture in our living room. Some of it we have had since we got married and it has seen better days. Between the kids and the dog, it is in sad shape. I think if I tried to clean it, it may be OK for a little longer.
We did a major cleaning this weekend. Tom and the kids were on board to help. I did the basement on Thursday. Friday I did the main level and still have a little more to go. It is hard to put anything back on the counter after having them look so good empty! Saturday we worked on laundry and then finished up with our bedroom today.
Evan had a great football game on Saturday. They won again! Evan is really good at tackling and blocking. He even got the ball and made a touchdown! He is an all around great athlete. He does well at whatever he tries. It is really fun to watch how he has improved over the years.
Sara has enjoyed playing with her friends a couple days this week. It has been so nice out, I am glad to see her playing outside. Before we know it, it will be too cold to go out.
Here are some before and after pictures:
8 years ago






0 comments:
Post a Comment